Thursday, July 26, 2012

New deer blind and trail camera pictures you don't want to miss.

Here we go!  The first post, not about bees.  To the left is the skeleton of the deer blind I've been working on, and recently finished.  The nice platform underneath was there when we bought the house last year, and it's in a perfect place to sit in a funnel between two fields.  As soon as I saw the platform, I wanted to build a blind on it, but we didn't have quite enough time last year, so in true redneck fashion, I suffered through the first year by sticking a pop up blind on there and tying it down.  Dropping things down to the ground between the cracks in the floor got old, however, so this year I'm riding in style.
To the right is my completed deer blind, and I think it looks great.  The roof is steel roofing panels that the previous home owners were kind enough to leave in the garage for me (although I don't think they thought I'd use them for THIS!)  The side panels are just underlayment sheathing I painted up with cheapo green paint and camouflage spray paint, and I think it turned out pretty well.  The best view, however......
North

West
And East 

 out the windows.

We've also got some nice trail camera pictures from my last trip out to check cards.  The first (and most mundane) of the pictures is this guy here.  He's a nice 6 point right now, and it's tough to see in this picture, but he's got two little nubs up between his forks that look promising, and I think he's going to be a very respectable 8 point pretty soon.  This camera is about 35 yards out the east window of the blind up above.  Hopefully, he decides to hang around. 
Here's a beautiful Sandhill Crane that decided to walk about 5 feet in front of my trail camera, which I really appreciate.  This is just a cool picture to catch. And finally, the one we've all been waiting for, a picture of the elusive....
El Chupacabra!  The mysterious, frightening, possibly fictitious goat sucking critter believed to inhabit the southern United States, Central America, and various islands in the Carribean. 

Wait...maybe its just a coyote.  The jury is still out on this one.  Stay tuned,

1 comment:

  1. Looks a lot different with all of the green out there!

    ReplyDelete